Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Shopping | Portland's Best Kept Cabinet Secret

Our galley kitchen is lacking in storage.  Our stove stands alone, there's no place to put a hot pot.  Wah, wah, wah.

I mean, our kitchen has some other issues too.  Faux brick, wallpaper, highly textured walls, tile counters, dated appliances... I could go on, but it's easier to fix one thing at a time.  Or for me, two things at a time considering I am still working on our floors.

I digress.

I've been looking for inexpensive cabinet solutions to install on either side of our stove.

I've been to the ReBuilding Center and was initially excited by all of the cabinet options (its a fun place to explore if nothing else).  But most seemed old, and many were damaged.

Ikea is also great, but we decided to refinish our existing cabinets.




Enter DIY Cabinet Warehouse.  And cue the "ahhhhhhhhhh" music.  DIY Cabinet Warehouse is owned by MasterBrand Cabinets and is a catch all for factory over-runs, miss-ordered product, cancelled orders, and factory returns.

In other words, its an affordable cabinet mecca.

Found a base cabinet for the side of the stove for $25.  Yes, $25.

What's your favorite discount cabinet/building supply source?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *