Thursday, July 25, 2013

Shopping | Window coverings from where?

The new home project list is never ending.  I'm constantly making lists and prioritizing, and then re-prioritizing.  Sometimes I even add things that are done to the list so that I can cross them off (a glimpse into my OCD tendencies, you're welcome).

One of the first priorities on said list were the window treatments.  Most existing shades in our home were dingy and dirty and falling apart.

That being said, you can spend a lot of money on custom blinds or curtains.  Like, a lot a lot.  And with the number of windows we have, I couldn't afford custom.  In all honesty, I probably couldn't afford custom blinds for one window.

It was time to get creative.  See below for a list of sources I used to dress up our windows on a budget.






















This top-down/bottom-up white cellular shade from Overstock has been a saving grace in our bathroom.  I like some natural light while showering, but I'm too old for a free show (you're welcome, neighbor).  The fact that it's cordless adds to my delight.  Super affordable too!




















The roman shade DIY tutorial from Little Green Notebook is on my must try list.  Made from mini-blinds she has a sew and no-sew version!  Watch out guest room!




















Just ordered these bamboo shades from...wait for it...JCP.  They add a lot of texture to a dull room and paired with white curtains look expensive.




















May be stating the obvious, but Ikea's Ritva curtains are clean and classic, and at $34.99, won't break the bank.




















Urban Outfitters has some great patterned shears, including their Magical Thinking Diamond Tile Curtains for $34-$49.

Want to make your own panels?  Check out this tutorial from Casa Sugar.

Not sure how long your curtains should be?  Check out this article by Real Simple.

Where do you buy your window treatments?  Got any shopping tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *