Monday, July 8, 2013

Concept | Wedding Details

Hi, I'm Sophia and I'm obsessed with details.  And planning.  And Mexico.

I've spent the majority of my career styling spaces.  It only made sense for me to be a little controlling over my own wedding tablescapes and details, right?  I'm imagining you nodding in agreement.

We were married in Mexico, but I didn't want it to be too thematic.  I mean, yeah, mariachis were a must (and tequila), but I wanted it to feel organic and authentic (think beachy - driftwood and succulents).  Like a big dinner party.  With candles.  Lots of candles.

I wanted each space to feel a bit different, but I wanted continuity.

It was a challenge to convey what I wanted from a country away.  So I created concept sheets (challenge accepted).

See below for the "before" (concept sheets) and "after" (space installed).  I loved the detail of it all.  This is a taste of what I do for clients in order to help them visually describe their space to potential investors and contractors.

What do you think?  Where do you find your wedding inspiration?  Want help with a wedding or event concept?  Holler.


Concept Sheet Images








































Event Images





































Photo Source: All concept sheet photos were taken from Pinterest and Loverly.  I also used a few images from the Roost catalog (reach out for ordering information).

Professional photos were taken by Daniel and Lindsay Stark of Daniel Stark Photography.

Wedding coordinator was Amy Abbott.

Ceremony and reception were at the Cabo Surf Hotel in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico.

2 comments:

  1. The actual wedding celebration weekend was beautifully orchestrated (I would never say “controlled”!) Those concept sheets are lovely but Sophia’s interpretation took them to another level entirely, perfectly synched with the mood and feel of the Mexican coast. It was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Was a fun personal project!

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *